Join this site and follow my blog to stay tuned to all my updates!

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Week 7 diet


So, I am starting week 7 diet tomorrow. I did the shopping yesterday, so my fridge is stuffed - mostly with fruit and veg... This happens a lot lately, but it is still overly full (and I live alone, so it is only my food!!!)

OK, so in this week's menu we have:

  • Power Juice
  • Chocolate Pudding
  • Kiwi Basil Puree
  • Waldorf Salad
  • Veggie Snack
  • Carrot Parsnip Puree +
  • 1.2 c red quinoa
  • Fruit Puree
I substituted the Waldorf Salad with Chili, as I really didn't like the Waldorf Salad, but the reason for that may be lies in the fact that I did not use chestnuts for it. And I absolutely loved the Chili. I know it is not the best substitution, but at least I will enjoy it. :) So my shopping list was a bit different from the one on TAM web-site - including Chili ingredients. I couldn't find quinoa... Actually still have no idea what it is, had to Google it and read about it on Wikipedia, and check out how it can be called in German. :) Still no success - even in the international cuisine shelves...

So, my shopping list:

  • Chocolate/chocolate chips (I still have the rest of the ingredients)
  • 3 cups spinach
  • 2 English cucumbers
  • Pack of celery
  • 1 lime
  • 1.4 kg ground beef
  • 6 tomatoes
  • 1 jalapeno
  • 1 large or 2 small zucchinis
  • 1 red bell peppers
  • Roasted garlic
  • 6 parsnips
  • 3.5 cups quinoa
  • 14 kiwis
  • 40 basil leaves
  • 2 oranges
  • Pack of strawberries
  • Pack of blackberries
  • Pack of blueberries
  • Pack of raspberries
  • 2 big bunches fresh mint

So, today I am cooking. Chili and carrot-parsnip puree are ready, I just have to finish the chocolate pudding, and the rest I would prefer to eat fresh.

Here I also wanted to mention the vitamins and other supplements I am taking. I used to take multi-vitamins, but now I decided I need more attention to certain functions in my body, like eyes, my brain (concentration and memory), bones and muscles. They supplement each other, and the same vitamins do not repeat from one pack to another. 

I also started taking L-carnitine - just to try it out. We'll see how it goes and if I will see any interesting results. :)

Have a great Sunday everyone - and a good rest of Easter weekend!

2 comments:

  1. HI Liuba, in Austria Quinoa is in the "Mehl"-section of Merkur Markt. So you should have it or go to your next Reformhaus - they should have it too!!! Check it out!
    cheers Nina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nina! I will check it out tomorrow! Haven't even thought about looking in Mehl section. And didn't think about checking it out in Bio shops... Duh. :) Thanks a lot!

      Delete