Join this site and follow my blog to stay tuned to all my updates!

Saturday, April 21, 2012

3rd Palladium Voyage

I know I disappeared. It was a crazy crazy crazy time… As I wrote in my previous post, I had a salsa festival over the weekend of 12-15th April, hence I had no time. After that a nightmare of a week at work started, and then this weekend I was in… Monte Carlo! In other words – Monaco...

But I should tell the tale in order, so salsa first. The festival was called 3rd Palladium Voyage, took place in Bremen, Germany. It took place over the span of 4 days with the first party starting on Thursday the 12th of April, and the closing party – on Sunday the 15th of April. Several international salsa and Latin dancers performed during the parties on Friday and Saturday, and everyone had a chance to dance with some of the world’s leading dancers – such an experience! Saturday and Sunday from 12:00 till 17:00 were filled with workshops on technique, styling, different styles of salsa, Bachata, Pachanga, Cha cha cha… On Friday I had a formal event at the University, and ate something there (my guess is that I might be highly lactose intolerant, and I ate some cream) and my stomach started to kill me nearly. I had horribly painful bloating with nausea, and of course could not go to salsa that evening. But Saturday I started on full speed. I took all the possible workshops, and ended up dancing 6-7 hours each day on Saturday and Sunday (including workshops and the parties). By the party on Sunday, everybody was squeezed out and exhausted, but all together it was a great great great fun! Some pics below!

The team and all performers
Artists after the show on Saturday

Jeanine and Jairo - a wonderful couple I hosted at my place for the weekend

Sergio and Gaby from Almalatina - one of the best Latin dance school
 in the world (situated in San Diego and Tijuana)

Vito and Stefania


The funny performance of Alberto Anturi and Co. (Stockholm)

Party in action




As you can expect, I did not have time to workout during that time – at all. But to be very fair, I think I did a lot of exercise, even though I didn’t do Meta. 6-7 hours of dancing is not little. I then needed Monday to recuperate actually, as my body was completely exhausted. So, after missing the 4 days on MS, I decided to start level 5 all over. Though, I knew I would be going to Monaco, and most probably would not be able to work out there, one more break… Level 5 is suffering, but I am not giving up. I work out, I love my new body, I love the energy I feel. So all is good.

A brief report from one of the most expensive places in the world and concentration of world’s most expensive cars will follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment